The Capsular Tension Ring (CTR) may be inserted into the capsular bag either immediately following continuous curvilinear capsulorhexis (prior to phacoemulsification) or following cataract extraction, just before intraocular lens implantation.
- Circular expansion and stabilization of the periphery of the capsular bag
- Reduced risk of capsular fibrosis and shrinking
- Safe IOL centration in eyes with zonular dehiscence
- Stabilized conditions during surgery
- Easy controlled insertion with specially developed micro inserter
- EO sterilized
- High flexibility
- One piece CQ PMMA ring
- Anticipated zonular dehiscence
- Lens subluxation
- Expected complications during phaco surgery
- Implantation of foldable lenses
- Situations in which sudden unfolding of a foldable IOL might cause zonular breakage or dislocation of the IOL.