Hydrophobic material has been shown to have to less chance of PCO, inflammatory cell response, bacterial adhesion with minimum pigment deposition.
Our material is FREE of vacuoles and glistening due to the lathe cut versus others that are molded. Molded lenses trap air which will produce vacuoles and glistening.
EyeKon’s hydrophobic IOL’s are aspheric, designed to offset the eye’s inherent positive spherical aberrations while maintaining a good depth of field.
High Index of refraction 1.55 imparts
- Excellent folding and unfolding before and after the insertion
- Reduced surface scattering
- Smaller incision required due to thinner lens
High Tensile strength
- Damage resistance during folding and insertion
- Reduced possibility of forceps and folding marks